Soccer league house rules
This league follows the official rules as outlined in the FIFA rule book with the following highlights and/or exceptions:
- A match is played by two teams, each consisting of not more than eleven players, one of whom is the goalkeeper.A match will not start if a team consists of fewer than 7 players.
- Shirts worn by a team must all be of one colour and must have numbers. If two teams are to play each other have jerseys that are the same colour, the home team (listed first) must wear a jersey of a different colour.
- Goalkeepers must wear colours that are distinguishable from the other players. Goalkeepers may wear gloves.
- Players shall not wear anything which endangers themselves or others. Jewelry must be removed (i.e. Nose rings, eyebrow rings, watches, etc.). Medical alert tags should not be removed but should be covered or taped to prevent injury.
- Should knee braces be worn, it needs to be covered or taped to prevent injury.
- All players on the field must wear soccer shin-guards covered entirely by stockings.
- Games will consist of two 25 minutes halves, running time, with a 5-minute half time. Games may not go into overtime. Tied games will stand. There will be no allowance for time lost due to injury, substitutions, or for any other cause.
- Since we are restricted by time and darkness, teams are to arrive and be ready to play at least 15 minutes prior to their game.
- Teams not having the required number of players at the scheduled start time will default the game. We do not allow a grace period due to the shortage of fields and the darkness factor. All games must start on time.
- Schedules may be altered at the end of the season by 10 minutes depending on the darkness factor.
- Choice of halves and kick-off shall be decided by the toss of the coin.
- All players must get equal playing time unless they are injured.Teams can use the rotation or substitution system to ensure maximum participation.Unlimited substitution is allowed at any stoppage in the game. The taking of a free-kick or throw-in shall not be delayed to allow the offensive team to make a substitution.
- Anytime one team has established a lead of 7 goals in a game, that game will be considered over and final. The two teams are encouraged to continue playing for fun.
- Games will be played rain or shine. Cancellations in the case of dangerous weather or field conditions will be determined by the referee.
- Home teams are responsible for entering the scores on the website for each match. The away teams are responsible for confirming the scores on the website for each match.